I will continue my series on my Minimalism Journey in my next post, but today I am at a show called Trends and I get to hear Mary Fons (of Fons & Porter…the daughter of the original Fons) speak; and take a class from Annie Unrein of byAnnie.com (maker of those adorable purse and bag patterns and creator of ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable). I am very excited!
So I am going to focus on quilting in this brief post today – words related to quilting as a matter of fact.
Whistler Studio has a new line of fabric called Sew Hope Full (I came across it while looking at “fabric porn” online). It is filled with humorous acronyms related to quilting, many of which I have never heard of before and I thought you might enjoy (though you might have heard these before…):
- PhD – Project half Done
- WOMBAT – Waste of Money, Batting and Time
- SABLE – Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
- UFO – Un Finished Objects
- WHIMM – Works Hidden in My Mind
- PIGS – Projects in Grocery Sacks
- WISP – Works in Slow Progress
- TGIF – Thank God It’s Finished
- HIPS – Hundreds of Ideas Piling Skyward
- STASH – Secret Treasures all Secretly Hidden
These crack me up and I can completely relate to “WHIMM”!
Do you have anymore to add to this list to share? Feel free to make some new ones up and share with us!