Thank you to One Creative Family, the mother/daughter creative crafters team, for nominating my tierneycreates blog for the Liebster Blogging Award.
Here are the guidelines they posted:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
The only thing I am going to do different is not to individually notify the blogs I nominate. I am going to leave it up to the bloggers to catch their nomination on my post and to participate if they like – it is completely optional.
Questions from One Creative Family to their nominees (my answers in purple):
- Favorite book – My favorite book of all time would be Speaker for the Dead (the sequel to Orson Scott Card’s book Ender’s Game)
- Favorite foods – Pierogies are my complete guilty plesasure, smothered with lots of sour cream, but because I would like to fit through my door frame I do not indulge more than a couple times a year in these delicious delights!
- Rather be outdoors or indoors – Outdoors on a walk
- If you could travel anyplace in the world where would that be – Australia
- Why did you start blogging – as a vehicle for my tierneycreates Etsy shop which is no longer active (discovered I love blogging more than trying to sell stuff!)
- How many pets – 2 but not sure if Sassy the Highly Opinionated Miniature Schnauzer likes to be referred to as a “pet”, she is our “manager”.
- How do you relax – crafting, reading or organizing (except after scaling back my life I have run out of things to organize)
- Rather eat sweets or salty – Salty I guess as I have been trying to stay away from many sweets
- What is your favorite family activity – Bike riding with the dogs in their doggie backpacks
- What type of movies do you enjoy watching – Science Fiction and Indie films
- How do you relax after a stressful day – working on a hand quilting project or knitting
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have this fantasy I am going to start getting enough sleep each night
- I collect schnauzer figurines (though I am trying to be good and not bring anymore into my life)
- Somedays I tire of making quilts and only want to make small items, but then I get lured by a new quilt pattern
- Every morning my miniature schnauzer Mike and I have a major cuddle – he loves to cuddle
- I met my husband on a Alcohol & Drug Detox Unit…no we were not patients – I was in nursing school (it was the only hospital unit that had openings for student nurses) and he was a nursing assistant.
- I have a ridiculous amount of yarn I have never used
- I prefer my cooking to the cooking at most restaurants – luckily my husband agrees
- I am trying to curb my addiction to self-help genre books and read more fiction
- I like to occasionally have a dance party in my living room with myself and the dogs
- I miss the excellent Chinese food we had when we lived in Seattle, WA. I have yet to find a dependably decent Chinese food restaurant in Central Oregon
- Ice cream cones make me gloriously happy
The 11 Blogs I Nominate (in no particular order) for the Liebster Award:
- Old Raven Creates
- It’s a T-Sweets Day
- Imperial Crochet
- Peggy and Sami Quilts (even though I am wondering how her dog Sami is actually quilting, I think she is just covering for Sami and Peggy is actually doing most of the quilting – ha!)
- knitNkwilt (one of the first blogs I ever followed and one of my first followers)
- Zippy Quilts
- Elisabeth Hogarth Designs
- Time Nexus
- Vintage Sewing Machines
- Brush of Dawn Art by Dawn M Lomako
The 11 Questions for these bloggers, if they choose to participate:
- Paper of Plastic?
- What is your favorite dish soap, and why (if you would like to elaborate on your dish washing liquid of choice)?
- Your favorite non-alcoholic beverage
- How many hours of sleep a night do you need to feel rested?
- Is there a hobby you would love to do but you are terrified to try it?
- If you have a pet and suddenly your dog, cat. hamster, etc. were granted the ability to speak to you, what do you think is the first thing they would say?
- If you were required by law to stop blogging, would you be okay with it or would you find a way to secretly blog?
- What is your favorite seasoning to use on a variety of dishes?
- Where do you think lost socks go?
- If you read magazines, what is your favorite?
- Favorite Doctor? (for the Doctor Who fans) or Favorite Star Trek Captain?
Yes these questions are really random.
Thanks again to One Creative Family for thinking of me with the nomination.