A bonus post for today. I wanted to share these tips that Amy W., a Wellness Coordinator at my employer shared today.
Some things you might want to consider, or not…. Don’t overthink it
- Floss. You know this one already.
- Sell or donate your microwave. You’d be shocked how much healthier you eat when you must clean a pan after every meal.
- Apologize if you were wrong.
- Read books.
- Drink chamomile tea. It’s good for nearly every part of your body. Drink some calming, honey-laden tea and think for a second.
- Check your credit score. If you have a credit card or student loans, you need to check your credit score. I know it’s scary, but unlike your Netflix membership, it’s free and important.
- Meet your neighbors. That way you won’t have to feel awkward when you are both out front avoiding eye contact.
- Stop pretending you’re not on your cell phone that much. We all look at them way too much. Look up, you might like what you see.
- Leave 15 minutes early for everything.
- Get a physical and go to the dentist. Stop using Listerine/Neosporin/Cranberry Juice etc. to cure that infection.
- Go to bed at a p.m. hour. Watch both a sunset and a sunrise.
- Listen to a whole album. The digital sales market has returned music to the singles-centric model that worked in the 50s and 60s, but even then, the best work was the full vision of an artist.
- Write something every day. Doesn’t matter if it’s a rant against your roommate or the philosophical ponderings brought on by an episode of your favorite television show.
- Learn this: They’re over there in their English class.
- Finally, remember we all have 24 hours every day to do with what we will.