Just returned from a 4-day quilt retreat with my quilt sisters and I will blog more about that later. I am still unpacking and sorting out the damage from our mini quilt “shop hop” during our retreat.
I wanted to share this gem that the woman who ran the quilting retreat gave the attendees (a free handout from Ben Franklin Crafts):
10 Good Reasons for Buying Fabric
- It insulates the closet where it is kept.
- It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.
- A sudden increase in the boll weevil population might wipe out the cotton crop for the next 10 years.
- I’m participating in a contest – the one who dies with most fabric wins!
- Because I’m worth it!
- It’s not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul, and makes me feel good!
- Buy it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all your shopping expeditions.
- It helps keep the economy going. It is our patriotic duty to protect the jobs of textile mill workers, and quilt shop staff with cute babies and grandchildren.
- It keeps the dust off those previously empty spaces like the dining room table or the living room floor
- It keeps without refrigeration, you don’t have to cook it to enjoy it, you never have to feed it, burp it, change it, wipe its nose, or walk it!
– Ben Franklin Crafts
My purchases are justified!